Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I got a really great email last night from a fellow missionary mom. Her son is BJ's new companion. You can see a picture of them on the mission's blog. http://chilesantiagonorthmission.blogspot.com/search/label/Photos%20again

Their picture is down at the bottom under arrivals/departures. It was fun to hear that he's doing a good job welcoming his new elder into the mission. I'm so happy he wrote the family too. His trainer did that when he arrived in the country and it was so comforting to me. I thought I'd share.

Hello Sally,

We just learned today that your son is our son's trainer! We are so excited about this since you helped us (through emails) as we packed our son the night before he went into the MTC. He says your son is nice, and he "really like(s) Elder Lasson too. He is a good missionary." He also said the 65 active people in the ward are "so nice and so generous."

You son sent us this wonderful email today. We are so impressed with his maturity. We are grateful he is Matthew's trainer--what a blessing!

Let's keep in touch,
Jeff and Allison Bean

¡Hola Bean Family!

I'm Elder Lasson the trainer of your son here in the Santiago North Mission. I know that many times parents are worried about who their missionary´s first companion is so I thought that I would write you and let you know who I am.

I have to say that your son is a great young man, I have been able to feel the strength of his testimony and his conviction of the truth of the gospel when I have heard him testify thus far in the lessons. he truly will become a great missionary.


I want you to know that I am taking care of him and that I am making sure that he has the best mission experience possible. He is going to be a great warrior of truth here in Chile.

sincerely,

Elder Lasson

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful letter from the parents and Elder Lasson. It was nice of them to share it with you. You must be busting with pride, I would be. Such a great idea to write to the parents. I will pass that along to new Elders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a comfort to hear people I do not even know say such good things about my BJ. He is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete